Profile Rabbi Dovid E. Eidensohn

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Feinstein Beth Din makes a mess of adjudicating Shmuel Kaminetsky.


Top article from Joe Orlow bottom is from Dovid Eidensohn.


Rabbi Dovid Feinstein had a private Bais Din that gave a ruling to Rabbi
Shmuel Kamenetsky. The Bais Din ruled that Tamar Epstein is married to
Aharon Friedman.

Despite this ruling, Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky had not publicly stated that
Tamar should separate from the man that she married in a ceremony performed
by Rabbi Nota Greenblatt.

I learned that a prominent Rav had asked Rabbi Dovid Feinstein to issue a
letter stating Tamar should separate from her second husband. Rabbi
Feinstein agreed to write the letter.

I called a Rav who is close to Rabbi Feinstein to find out the status of
the letter from Rabbi Feinstein. In the course of the conversation, this
Rav told me that Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky had told Tamar to separate from
her second husband.

I called Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky and asked him to confirm that he had told
Tamar to separate from her second husband. He told me, "I never told anyone
to separate." That is an exact quote.

I called up a Rav who had sat on the Bais Din with Rabbi Feinstein that
issued the ruling to Rabbi Kamenetsky. I told him that Rabbi Kamenetsky
told me that he did not tell anyone to separate. The Rav indicated to me
that he felt that if Rabbi Kamenetsky did tell Tamar to separate, that she
would listen to Rabbi Kamenetsky. I furthermore told the Rav that Rabbi
Feinstein had been asked to write a letter telling Tamar to separate.

I asked that the Bais Din should tell Rabbi Kamenetsky to tell Tamar to
separate. I went on. I asked that the Bais Din make a direct statement
telling Tamar to separate from her second husband.

This Rav, who sat on this Bais Din, in the nicest way made it clear that
none of this would be happening.

I said that that I had been told that the great scholars of the generation
are responsible for the generation. Rabbi Eidensohn had taught me that just
hours before I had this discussion with the Rav.

I spelled it out, leaving nothing to the imagination. I said that every
time the couple has relations that the Aveira is on the great scholars of
the generation (who fail to act and tell the couple to separate on the
outside possibility that the couple will listen and separate.)

There seemed to be nothing more to add. The Rav thanked me. I returned the
thanks. And hung up. END Joe Orlow's article.
David Eidensohn - Reply to Joseph
Add these words to the excellent text:
The gemora in Shabbos 54b says that one who has influence to prevent
somebody from sinning and does not stop the sinning is punished as if he
had committed those sins. That is, there are people who can prevent their
families from sinning but not the general public. There are people who have
some influence in the general public. There are those who can influence the
entire world. A person who can stop the sin of a few people but no more and
does not do that is punished as a sinner with the sins of a few people. But
one who can influence many people to stop sinning and does not, is punished
with the sins of many people.


Thus, a senior group of rabbinic scholars headed by Dovid Feinstein that does nothing to stop Tamar from sinning with Adam, is punished for all of Tamar's sins, but also, all women who learn from this to commit the sin created by the Kaminetsky element have their
sins placed upon those who could have stopped Kaminetsky and the other
mamzer makers. It is obvious that the Feinstein Beth Din was only an excuse
to restore Shmuel Kaminetsky as the great senior rabbi of Agudas Israel,
and did nothing to stop Tamar's sins. People realize this and know that
great rabbis are only interested in politics, not the sins of the
multitude. Thus Feinstein and his Beth Din have a sin of Chilul HaShem, and
the sins of people who act like Tamar throughout the world are on his
shoulders, and the members of his Beth Din. End Dovid Eidensohn

No comments:

Post a Comment